With the 2018 Farm Bill creating a federal legal framework for hemp, federal and state regulators must determine how to manage the cultivation and sale of hemp and hemp-derived CBD products.
Similar in appearance and smell to marijuana, hemp is nearly indistinguishable from its sibling plant and can only be differentiated through lab testing. Regulators need to know who is growing hemp, where and what hemp products are being produced, and where hemp-derived CBD is being used in consumer products. This discourages bad actors from using hemp as a pathway for illicit activity and allows authorities to remove unsafe products before they impact public health.
SICPATRACE® for Hemp provides regulators with visibility into the hemp supply chain from cultivation to sale. At the cultivation level, SICPATRACE® provides entity and harvest registration leveraging batch and lot tracking consistent with common agricultural practices to assist governments in identifying and managing large scale hemp cultivation.
For CBD-derived from hemp that is intended for consumer products, SICPATRACE® provides more detailed traceability down to the individual product unit to facilitate visibility in movements and inventory and ensure all CBD products are sourced from licensed producers and can be quickly recalled in the event of a public health concern.
Government Officials & Law Enforcement
• Provides visibility into growing activity to ensure hemp is not a conduit for illicit marijuana production
• Enables granular tracking of all product creation to enable efficient recall of unsafe, tainted or prohibited products
• Supports law enforcement/auditors in differentiating legally produced hemp and CBD from unauthorized or illegal sources
• Enables regulatory compliance using methods consistent with common agricultural practices
Patients & Consumers
|• Validates hemp-derived CBD products were legally produced and tested for safety
• Provides product information (dosage, appropriate use instructions, etc.) and shares notifications of unsafe or recalled products
• Confirms product production methods and operator third party certifications
Consumers need access to information about safe use of products. The consumer engagement app:
• Helps consumers select properly tested legal products
• Allows consumers to check product recall status
• Supports consumer education on product usage