For any compliance program to be effective, you must be able to trust the data tracked along the way. Most track and trace programs rely on serialization with unique codes marked on each product. Unfortunately, serialization alone does not prevent fraud or illegal activity. Barcodes and QR codes are easily copied and reused.
The SICPA solution uses unique, counterfeit-resistant stamps to protect the authenticity of legal products. The material- and information-based anti-counterfeiting elements on this stamp are vital to maintain the integrity of the unique codes.
SICPATRACE® Cannabis offers a secure, comprehensive and compliant end-to-end track and trace solution for the entire cannabis supply chain. The solution combines physical and information-based security tools, including high tech, counterfeit-resistant secure labels with unique identifiers.
Government Officials & Law Enforcement
• Simple product and volume reconciliation to identify suspicious activity
• Visibility across the supply chain to manage and report on compliance
• Stamps and multi-platform access allow for unambiguous, on-the-spot authentication and traceability
• Secure transport manifests validate that product in transit is in the right hands
• Increases brand awareness by creating a direct-to-consumer channel
• Protects market share for legal actors by demonstrating proof of compliance
• Allows licensees to demonstrate adherence to certain principles (e.g., small business, organically-principled techniques)
• Denotes participation in social equity and other market diversity initiatives
Patients & Consumers
• Validates products were legally produced and tested for safety
• Provides product information (dosage, appropriate use instructions, etc.) and shares notifications of unsafe or recalled products
• Confirms product production methods and operator third party certifications